MAC Colour Forecast Collection & Viva Glam Lady Gaga (Review & Swatches)
I recently visisted MAC to pick up a few of the Spring Colour Forecast items that I had on hold along with the Viva Glam Lady Gaga lipstick. I was really excited about this collection, maybe more than I should've been? Here's what I got:
Colour Forecast lipsticks in Bubblegum and Victorian, Colour Forecast Tinted Lipglass in Electric Fuchsia, & Viva Glam Gaga lipsick.
Colour Forcast Blush Ombres in Springshine & Azalea Blossom
So what do I think of the collection? Honestly, I was more excited than I should've been. I know that lots of people are loving this collection but I'm more on the "like it, but don't need it" side.
1. Bubblegum Lipstick ($14, Glaze finish)- Medium pink with a slight lilac/purple undertone and it has a good amount of gold shimmer. It's also incredibly sheer. I knew it was a glaze but I assumed that it would be buildable -which it wasn't (at least on my lips.) I was disappointed because I had hoped for this to be like Lavender Whip or Fashion Mews -more purpley colors.
2. Victorian Lipstick ($14, Frost finish)- Llight-medium cool toned pink with hints of salmon with a golden sheen. It's one of the "not too frosty" MAC frost lipsticks.
3. Electric Fuchsia Tinted Lipglass ($14)- Bright fuchsia with a hint of violet and contains blue shimmer. Very pigmented color and almost like Funtabulous Dazzlegloss but it gives better color payoff.
4. Viva Glam Gaga Lipsick ($14, Lustre finish)- The color of the lipstick is a cool toned pale blue pink. Because it's a lustre, it is slightly sheer but the color is buildable -it even goes on slightly opaque! Love that it's not drying on my lips.
The tube is black but there is a red ring around the tube, sort of resembling a "bullet." When you pull of the lid, the top half of the tube is red and Lady Gaga's autograph is written in black. 100% of the proceeds goes to the MAC Aids Fund.
5. Blush Ombre in Azalea Blossom ($25)- Light, cool tonerd blush with hints of lilac and slight shimmer. Love the pink and purple combo. This is a cooler blush so I thought it wouldn't work on my warm skin but it does! I just have to apply it with a light hand.
6. Blush Ombre in Springshine ($25)- Pretty neutral color -just a medium bronzey brown with shimmer. I can see myself using this for just a touch of color, bronzing, or even contouring.
Swatches (I've added pictures of the lip swatches in different lighting since they were a bit difficult to capture):
Above are Blush Ombres in Azalea Blossom (left) & Springshine (right)
To the right are lipstick swatches of (from left) Fashion Mews, Bubblegum, Lavender Whip, & Up the Amp. I wanted to show you the swatches of them all side by side since Bubblegum reminded me of Lavender Whip and Fashion Mews. Now when I look at it, Bubblegum is a lot more on the "pink side" and is not very purpley -it has more of a slight lilac undertone to it.
Have you picked up anything from Colour Forecast? What about Cyndi or Gaga lipstick?
P.S. Both Cyndi and Gaga Viva Glam lipsticks will be available for 12 months.
Just another beauty blogger.. This blog features honest reviews, swatches, sales & events, various other beauty related topics, the occasional arts & crafts project, and anything else I find utterly delightful. Contact me at email@example.com
Disclaimer: The reviews are always 100% my own opinion. We all have different skin types, opinions, etc. so the reviews are based off my own experience using the products and because of this, please be aware that not everyone will have the same outcome or reaction. Unless otherwise mentioned, I've purchased all the products myself. I have never gotten paid to do reviews. I do not believe in fake reviews and strongly despise them and the fake people who partake in them. It's morally wrong!! (If you are a company that would like me to review a product, please email me. If you are a reader who would like me to review a product, please feel free to let me know in an email or comment and I will do my best to review it.) Thanks! =)
COPYRIGHT: It is plagiarism to take any content including photos and and written work from The Makeup Drawer without my knowledge. If you would like to use my photos, please let me know beforehand and link the post that the photo is from. Photos of my family and friends are off limits and may never be taken from this site. With the exception of the above statement, the content of The Makeup Drawer should never be featured on any other blog or website. Also, I can only be found on Blogger and (very rarely) on MakeupAlley and Specktra. I do not have a LUUUX, Facebook, Twitter, or any other blog or website.