- Gilette Fusion ProGlide Power Razor- This is my new favorite razor. I've been using a hot pink Venus razor for years -I stocked up on lots of cartridges when it got discontinued. However, my cartridge supply is no more and I had to look for a new razor. The Fusions ProGlide is better. I get a super close, smooth shave and I haven't gotten any cuts (even when I shave super duper fast and carelessly.)
- NARS Illuminator in Laguna- I love this stuff. I apply it all over my face (except for my forehead) and it instantly gives my face a bronzed glow. I don't like messing with (real) tanning or self tanners so this is an easy solution. My skin tans easily but because it's just May, it's still lighter than usual and I love how this instantly perks up my skin.
- CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Mascara- I can't believe this is in my monthly favorites. I went to Rite Aid hoping to pick up a Prestige mascara but sadly they were out of stock. I thought I'd give Lash Blast a try, again. I tried it when it first came out and hated it -surprisingly, this time around, it was pretty good! I get good volume and decent length without too much of a clumpy mess. The only issue I have with it is that it seems to smudge a lot.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Eyebrow Corrector in #3- I recently dyed my hair a dark brown with a more reddish tone to it. I'm not crazy but thought it'd be a good chance to try my favorite brow product in another color. #3 matches my hair perfectly -so perfectly that I'm thinking about keeping this hair to keep using this sample! I'll have to buy the full size tube soon.
- Lola Lip Gloss in Understated Seduction- This is super moisturizing, was super cheap, and comes in a gorgeous shade so it was a given that I'd love it. The gloss gives my lips a pretty wash of blue pink without being too over the top.
- BITE Gloss in Pink Grapefruit- I bought this on a whim and I'm so glad I did. I love the color -it's a pigmented milky lilac pink with pink shimmer.
- LORAC Baked Matte Satin Blush in Exposed- I've been really into coral and peachy pink blushes lately so this automatically made my list. Exposed gives off a fabulous glow of peachy pink coral.
- Benefit Coralista Blush- Coralista, to me, is such a universal shade. It gives off the most flattering peachy coral glow and remains natural looking and not overdone.
- CARGO Topeka Blush- This is another peachy shade that looks amazing with a tan. I break Topeka out every time the sun comes out.
Friday, May 6, 2011
April 2011 Favorites: Malibu Barbie Inspired
Malibu Barbie. When I think of Malibu Barbie, I think of glowing bronzed skin, light blonde locks, bright baby blue eyeshadow, and pink lips. I'm ditched the blue eyeshadow but I've added a few products to complete my version of the Malibu Barbie look.