Price: $28.00 (0.17 oz x 2)
Overall Grade: A-
As you all probably know by now, LORAC's Multiplex 3D Lip Gloss is one of my favorites. It gives me everything I need for the perfect shimmery lip and the shades can vary from bold and dramatic (extra sparkly and pigmented) or toned down and natural (shimmery and sheer.) 4D and 3D go in the more natural category so if you're more of a low maintinence gal when it comes to your lips, read on.
IngredientsThe Product: This is a great value for anyone who enjoys glittery glosses. One tube usually retails for $22 so two for $28 is very reasonable.
Most of the shades from the Multiplex 3D line are very pigmented with the exception of these two shades which are more on the semi-sheer side. Unlike most of my reviews, I'm going to summarize the qualities of the gloss in bullets since there are too many things to mention:
- Glitter is fine.
- Extremely moisturizing while gloss is applied and after it wears off.
- Doesn't sink into lip lines.
- Never looks dry or flaky -even with the lighter shades.
- Makes lips look full and pillowy even though it's not a plumper.
- Not sticky.
- Not gritty (even with the heavy dose of glitter).
- Long lasting. The more pigmented shades last up to around 6 hours while the sheerer shades (3D and 4D) last about 4.
- Smells like tropical fruit.
- No nasty taste. No taste at all really.
- Makes lips look 3D!
- Awesome brush applicator.
- Cute packaging.
- Very pigmented.
- Leave behind a light "stain" after the gloss wears off.
3D, 4DThe Color:
- 3D- Bronzey nude with bronze and vibrant pink glitter
- 4D- Light but not necessarily bright bubblegum pink with fuchsia shimmer (Limited Edition)
Above (no flash) from left: LORAC Multiplex 3D Lip Gloss in 4D, 3D
Above (no flash): LORAC Multiplex 3D Lip Gloss in 4D
Above (no flash): LORAC Multiplex 3D Lip Gloss in 3D
Overall: I initially thought that 4D would have better color payoff but its being sheer doesn't turn me away. As for 3D, I already owned it so I knew what to expect. These are my go-to glosses when my lips are chapped and dry because I know they'll feel good on my lips -not make them worse. I also love how full they make my lips look without the burning sensation of a lip plumper. LORAC's Multiplex 3D Lip Gloss is my HG gloss and if you're interested in adorning your pucker with a nice dusting of shimmer, you need to give these a try!