The Packaging: The packaging is standard -like any MAC eyeliner or lipliner. It's all black with a black cap and the color of the eyeliner at the end of the pencil. It would be pretty cool to get some LE packaging for the limited edition eyeliners -like sleek white or neon yellow! Or.. some sort of pattern or design. If I had my own MAC LE collection, I'd probably do a cool design. =) (LOL everything is upside down in the picture. Looks weird when I flip it though.)
The Product: I'm not sure if other people are feeling the same -but I feel like these Pearglide Intense liners are different from the OG Pearlglides. The texture seems different to me -more gel like. They're super smooth like the previous Pearlglides and soft. I've also noticed that these new ones last on my waterline longer. With my Black Russian Pearlglide (the older one), I need to use my Sephora Brand Flashy Liner first prior to applying Black Russian becuse it'll fade within an hour after application. With these, they hold up for a good 5 hours or so then start to fade. (*Note: I have a hard time finding good eyeliners that last on my waterline. I have allergies and constant watery eyes.) Also, these are a lot sparklier and have more glitter. Other than that, they generally look the same at the regular "non-intense" Pearlglides.
Above (with flash) from left- Greasepaint Sticks: Zinc Zone, Dirty. Pearlglide Intense Liners: Almost Noir, Black Line, Designer Purple, Industrial, Petrol Blue, Undercurrent.
Above (no flash) from left- Greasepaint Sticks: Zinc Zone, Dirty. Pearlglide Intense Liners: Almost Noir, Black Line, Designer Purple, Industrial, Petrol Blue, Undercurrent.
1. Almost Noir- Plum with a hint of burgundy and brown base with gold and reddish glitter.
2. Black Line- Black base with antique gold and green glitter.
3. Designer Purple- Bright violet base with violet and iridescent glitter. (Close dupe for Rave Pearlglide but brighter.)
4. Industrial- Silvery periwinkle blue base with silver glitter.
5. Petrol Blue- Bright navy blue base with blue and lighter blue glitter. (Close dupe for Fly-By-Blu Pearlglide but brighter.)
6. Undercurrent- Blue teal base with teal glitter.(This is already sold out online!)
Overall: I highly recommend these. They're the prettiest, sparkliest eyeliners I've ever owned and wear well. They last pretty long on the waterline (for me at least) and I like the texture. The only negative thing is that they're limited edition -which really stinks. I don't understand why MAC doesn't make these permanent when they're so popular.