1. Too Faced Shadow Insurance- TFSI is a great option for those with dryer skin (around the eyes.) This primer enhances your eyeshadow's color and guarantees a long-lasting hold with no creasing -it lasts all day for me (up to10 hours) with minor fading.
2. Urban Decay Primer Potion- UDPP to me is better than TFSI in terms of keeping your eyeshadow vibrant. This lasts all day for me (up to 12 hours) with no creasing or fading (unlike TFSI which will fade a little.) I can seriously take a nap and wake up with my makeup perfectly or almost perfectly in place when I use this. The only downside, for me, is that this does dry out my skin when my skin is dry around my eyes (especially in colder weather.) I have to switch this out for TFSI when Fall/Winter rolls along.
3. Pari Beauty Precious Glow (in 02 Platinum)- I really like this for that extra shimmer to my eyeshadows. It keeps my eyeshadow vibrant but doesn't last nearly as long as TFSI or UDPP in terms of a long lasting hold. When I use this, my eyeshadow starts to crease and face after about 5-6 hours and because of that, I like to wear it over UDPP or TFSI and under eyeshadow if I want that extra "oomph."
4. Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner (in Honey Bunny & Recess)- I never wear this without UDPP or TFSI because for my skin, it's a little stiff and dry but I do use it as an extra "base" if I'm going out and I need my eye makeup to last really long. This keeps my makeup intact if I'm going to be out all night and guarantees no smudges or fading. I also feel like this is better than MAC Paint Pot if you have dryer skin.
5. MAC Paint Pot (in Soft Ochre)- Like Benefit Creaseless Creams, I don't wear this without UDPP or TFSI underneath. I use this as an extra "base" for the same reasons. I do think this is better than Benefit Creaseless Creams as it lasts a little longer and makes my eyeshadow a little more vibrant. The only downside is that this may dry out your skin if you already have dry skin to begin with. However, this will be great for those with normal or more oily skin.
Above (no flash) from left: Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Urban Decay Primer Potion, Pari Beauty Precious Glow in Platinum, Benefit Creaseless Cream in Honey Bunny, Recess, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre
Swatches.. (with TheBalm Shameless Shana eyeshadow on top)
Above (no flash) from left: No primer, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Urban Decay Primer Potion, Pari Beauty Precious Glow in Platinum, Benefit Creaseless Cream in Honey Bunny, Recess, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre
Above (with flash) from left: No Primer, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Urban Decay Primer Potion, Pari Beauty Precious Glow in Platinum, Benefit Creaseless Cream in Honey Bunny, Recess, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre
Overall: My favorites obviously are TFSI and UDPP. I've quit using UDPP for now since my skin's gotten dryer but I highly recommend it. I know the price is a little steep but trust me, this beats buying a primer that's half the price and only half as good. I've owned both my UDPP (larger size) and TFSI for nearly almost 2 years (I think) now and both still half over half a tube's worth of product left.
awesome post! i got my first mac paint pot yesterday - glad to know that it's good for oily lids!ReplyDelete
I like UDPP. I prefer it in a tube rather than the genie bottle. If they discontinued UDPP, i would be so heartbroken LOLReplyDelete
I've used UDPP but I never repurchased because I can't get it locally. I use a paint pot, and it works great, even with nothing underneath. I once wore it beneath shadow for 21 hours and no creasing, just some fade.ReplyDelete
@ Alexa P.. I hope you like your Paint Pot!!ReplyDelete
@ Pamela.. I want the tube too but can't get myself to buy it since I have like 3 tubes of UDPP! tThe tube would definitely be more efficient than the genie bottle.
@ H.. I think Paint Pots are great even without UDPP or TFSI underneath but they dry out my sensitive skin if I use them alone. =(
wow !!! u know i love Paint Pot the most as primer and then UDPP. I also have Too Face Shadow INsurance LOL. I got an oily lid so primer is a must!ReplyDelete
rinz @ miss-rinrin.blogspot.com
@ Rinz.. Paint Pots are great for people with oilier lids.. they dry out MY lids bad if I don't use anything underneath. =(ReplyDelete
Great comparisons! I have been trying to decide if I want to try UDPP or too faced to replace what I am using now (Benefit stay don't stray)and this has definitely helped.ReplyDelete
Glad it helped! Definitely recommend UDPP if you have more normal or oily skin and TFSI for dry skin. UDPP also comes in a nice squeeze tube now (it's a larger size though for $29.)ReplyDelete
kyrie 5 spongebobReplyDelete
outlet golden goose