1. 90's R&B and Soul. I wish we were still in the 90's at least music wise when people were still able to sing and the industry was still based on talent at least somewhat. Now it's all about big hair, tiny clothes, and ginormous booties and boobies. I really miss turning on my radio/TV and being able to listen/see people who could actually sing. I love R Kelly (yes, even after his "video.") Some female favorites include Aaliyah, TLC, Changing Faces, En Vogue, Kelly Price, Lauryn Hill, Faith Evans, Xscape, and Mary J. Blige. As for the males, I'd have to say Jodeci (K-Ci is one of my favorite male singers.. EVER. And yes, I'm aware of the MJB ordeal.. I'm not saying he's the best person in the world, I just love his talent.), Keith Sweat, Isley Bros, Musiq Soulchild, Maxwell, and of course R. Kelly.
2. Poetry. The first "famous" person to inspire me to write was Tupac Shakur. I loved him for his raw lyrics and especially for his deep poetry. He left a collection of poems including his thoughts about lovers, society, and more. Another lady that inspires me is Sonia Sanchez. I love her writings. I also love fun children's poems. =)
3. Boys wearing shorts. I'm talking denim, cargo, etc. Hoop shorts are fine but they don't hold the same intrigue. Extra plus PLUS if they're camouflage (cue drooling girl.)
4. Boys with arm veins. My friends all laugh at me for this. I love it when guys pick up heavy boxes and their veins pop out or when they shift (driving a stick shift), you see the veins. (GOSHHH my hubby would so laugh if he read this.)
5. Beef. I love steak so much I can eat it every day. I also love burgers (always the safest bet.) Whenever someone asks me what I want to eat, my answer is always, "BEEF." Then they go on to ask, "what kind.." and then that's where it gets difficult.
6. I know this isn't something you eat but I love juice so much. I know it's not good for you (my dentist has told me to lay off of it) but I love juice. Especially pink juice since it's usually pink lemonade, strawberry, or yummy melon flavored.
7. Palettes. Let me tell you, I rarely buy single eyeshadows. I am so, so obsessed with palettes and up until a few months ago, I had about 50+. I've recently let go of over half of that due to the fact that my insanity caught up with me and I realized it wasn't healthy to hold onto stuff that I'm not even gonna use! I just passed on about 4 of my NARS palettes too. =( Was sad but realized I'd never use them (because of the colors) anyways. I'm a major palette hoarder though whether it's high end or drugstore. Love that I don't have to fill them up myself and that all the colors are there ready for me -that's where my laziness shines through.
8. Ok.. This is something I'm absolutely crazy about.Something I'll choose over ANYTHING when it comes to makeup. I love pink/lavender/purple/nudey lipsticks. Anything pale or pastel and comes in one of those colors must be mine. I love glosses too but I love the better, bolder pigmentation (in many cases) of lipsticks.
Here's a peek of my current lipstick army.. stuff I can actually use on a daily basis! I didn't bother to include any reds or anything since I rarely use them -just the purples/pinks/nudes. I especially love bubblegum pinks and lavenders (except I don't think purples go with my hair color right now.. just dyed it!) It may not be the biggest but I'm proud of my collection.
Above from left: Cover Girl Trushine Lip Color: 400 Powderpink Shine, 470 Nude Shine (Didn't open the cap for both because they're all smooshed and gross looking), NYX Black Label Lipstick: Sand, Dandy, Bling, Beige, Nude, Cover Girl Incredifull Lip Color in 908 Pillow Pink, Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 006 Pink Champagne, Wet N Wild Mega Last Lip Color: 903C Just Peachy, 901B Think Pink.
Above from left: NYX Diamond Sparkle Lipstick: Sparkling Orchid, Vegas Sexy. Revlon Matte Lipstick in 008 Cocoa Craving, Revlon Super Lustrous Pearl in 405 Silver City Pink, KIKO Smart Lipstick: 59 Light Lilac Pink, 92 Natural, The Body Shop Lipstick (I think this line is discontinued) in 01, Barry M Lip Paint in 100 Baby Pink, Revlon Matte Lipstick in 004 Pink About It, NYX Black Label Lipstick: Midnight Dinner, That 70's Pink.
Above from left: Chanel Lipstick in Coco Pink, LORAC Cream Lipstick in Baby Doll, Napoleon Perdis DeVine Goddess Lipstick in Electra, CARGO PlantLove Lipstick in Eve Pinky, YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in 7 Lingerie Pink, Shiseido Perfect Rouge Lipstick in BE109 Spiced Cream, Benefit Silky Finish Lipstick: I Do. I Do. I Do., (baby size) Lady's Choice.
Above from left: MAC: Show Orchid PRO (amplified creme), Myth (satin), Honeylove (matte), Scanty (amplified creme), Snob (satin), Pink Nouveau (satin), Saint Germain (amplified creme), Lavender Whip (cremesheen), Fashion Mews (glaze) Up The Amp (amplified creme), Blooming Lovely (amplified creme), Ever Hip (cremesheen), Gaga (lustre).
OverviewI've recently done some serious Spring Cleaning so everything in my collection has been majorly downsized. At first I was upset but seriously, what's the point of keeping stuff you're not gonna use. BUT, I have regretted giving away some things because now I miss them dearly (like this one Lancome bronzer) and would love to have a chance at them again. Boo. So, the lesson here is throw out what you don't use BUT be careful about what you throw out/give away/sell because you might regret it!! Totally contradicting myself but I think you know what I mean.. If you sort of still like something, maybe just keep it around for a little longer to see where it takes you! This is why you don't just get rid of everything in one go (like I stupidly did) but instead, give yourself a few days to think. Oh..... I miss you Tarte eyeliners.
To end this post, this is one of my favorite "live" performances ever. Enjoy!
What are your favorite things/obsessions/loves? Things that you absolutely adore and can't live without..
Wow awesome lip collection! I obsess over Chanel glosimmers and MLBB lip colors. I find myself buying very similar rosey colors over and over again.ReplyDelete
Thanks =) Oooooh Chanel. That's an expensive obsession!.. Especially when you're buying similar colors (don't worry, we all do that!) =PReplyDelete
This is why I love your blog! I feel like I know, for real! I swear, I can just stare at your lipstick pics forever, they just look soo pretty! I think I'm going to copy you and do a similar post : )ReplyDelete
Thanks so much.. that's so sweet. =)ReplyDelete
I'm a total sucker for lipsticks. =P I really want to expand my collection BUT the catch is I only want lipsticks I'll actually use. I think we makeup whores/junkies so often collect a bunch of products we never use! Thinking about doing a gloss post too.
You should definitely do the post. I'd love to see your collection of your favorite things.
golden goose sneakers
supreme new york