I visited my local CVS last night looking for the Extra Fruit Sensations Strawberry Banana Gum that Val had mentioned the other day. They didn’t have it (I was so sad!) so I figured I better buy something to make my trip worthwhile. I wandered off to the far end of the store and found a big cart filled with random knick knacks. To the right was 3 baskets full of clearance makeup! Jackpot! =)
Here's what I got:
1. Revlon Quad in Summer Suedes- $1.74
2. Revlon Polish in Peach Petal- $1.25
3. Maybelline Express Finish Polish in Pink Sophistication- $1.25
4. Ardell Complete Brow Grooming Set- $1.74
I don't know what the retail prices were but I paid a total of just $6.53 (tax included.)
Revlon Summer Suedes Quad (Daydreamer Collection)
This is the limited edition quad from the Daydreamer Collection. I originally wanted it when it first came out but passed it up knowing I wouldn't use all the colors included. However, at just $1.74, it was a steal!
The palette (no mirror, just clear lid) includes 4 shades that I would've never expected to be put together. The eyeshadows are all decently pigmented with the 2nd (brown) and 4rd (orange) shades being the best in terms of color payoff. Each shade applies smoothly and has a nice "sheen" to it. I like it but I don't think I'd pay full price since I only really like the brown and orange.
The Color: (From top to bottom) (Each shade has subtle shimmer)
1. Light blue-gray (slightly chalky)
2. Chocolate brown with iridescent teal pearl (I've heard of this being a dupe for MAC's Club eyeshadow)
3. Very pale, baby pink
4. Deep reddish orange
Above (no flash): Revlon Summer Suedes Quad- shades swatched from top to bottom of quad
Maybelline Express Finish Polish in Pink Sophistication (Sweet Thing Collection) & Revlon Polish in Peach Petal (Daydreamer Collection)
Maybelline Pink Sophistication
This limited edition shade is from Maybelline's popular Sweet Thing collection. I remember the polishes being a huge hit and if I were to have gotten any shade back then, I would've chose this one. I really like the bright, pastel girly pink -it's very Malibu Barbie. The color reminds me of MAC's Saint Germain lipstick. I'm not the best at describing polishes as I rarely wear them but the formula, to me, is slightly clumpy but cleans up nice after 2 coats.
Revlon Peach Petal
This too is from the Daydreamer collection. This is a fabulous opaque, creamy, pastel peach with a hint of pink. My little sister said it was pretty and reminded her of Angels. I really love this shade. The formula is pretty good although it's slightly runny to me. It needs 2 coats.
Above (no flash) from left: Maybelline Express Finish Polish in Pink Sophistication, Revlon Polish in Peach Petal
Above (no flash) from left: MAC Lipstick in Saint Germain, Maybelline Express Finish Polish in Pink Sophistication
Ardell Complete Brow Grooming Kit
The Ardell Brow Kit comes with 4 different tools: (from left to right.. see picture below)
1. Precision Shaper- I'm really liking this razor. It's very small so it can get into all those "tight spaces." It shaves off all the hairs without leaving being those "stubby, short hairs." I've also tried it on my upper lip (aka mustache area) and it works great there too. The only thing I don't like is that the blade is a little "scratchy."
2. Trim & Shape Razor- I've been using this for about a year now. The one that came with the kit is travel size and smaller than the regular ones. I really like this for inbetween my brows -it's just the perfect size for it. I also use it for underneath the brows on the eyelid area. It's a little too big for tighter spaces though. Also, I can't imagine anyone cutting themselves with this. The blade doesn't feel sharp at all yet it gets rid of all the hairs.
3. Brow Grooming Pencil- This is a wax pencil that's used to keep all the hairs in place. It's a lot cheaper than the higher end options and works fine for me. An extra bonus is that it comes with its own sharpener.
4. Brow/Lash Comb- I haven't use this since I don't like using these. For my brows, I rather use a spoolie thing (mascara wand) and I prefer metal lash combs -they have finer "teeth" to separate the lashes.
That's it for my little haul! Check out your local CVS to see if there's any clearance makeup -I'll try to check other stores soon I hope all stores are having these great makeup clearance sales because I got everything for such a great deal.
Have a nice Friday. I'll be hanging with my boyfriend all day and hopefully squeezing in some shopping. What are your plans for tonight?