Here's the lowdown on my favorite products for June! These products are either new, rediscovered, or longtime faves that I've been using non-stop.
1. Prestige Skin Loving Minerals Sun Baked Mineral Bronzing Powder- I’ve been loving this bronzer since I first tried it about 2 weeks ago. It gives me a shimmery (but not overdone) summer glow that lasts for hours and hours. An extra bonus? It’s only $11.99!
2. NeoStrata Facial Cleanser- I received this cleanser earlier this month and have been using it for over 2 weeks now. It is incredibly gentle to my sensitive, dry skin and keeps my face clean and moisturized. Since using this stuff, my skin has been feeling softer and smoother –this sounds corny but I can’t resist touching my face! It’s softer than it’s been in months. (I’ll be reviewing this soon along with another NeoStrata lotion very soon. Unlike other beauty products such as lipsticks and eyeshadows, I need to test skincare products for weeks before reviewing them to check for results, irritations, allergic reactions, etc. that occur over time.)
3. Fresh Twilight Freshface Glow- I’ve had a deluxe sample of this for awhile now but never really used it. I’ve since rediscovered it and have been using it every time I apply my makep for about 3 weeks now. This cream can be worn alone as an illuminator or mixed with your foundation or tinted moisturizer. I like applying it above my cheekbones and adding a powder highlighter on top. It makes my skin look dewy and glowy while acting as a base for the powder highlighter.
4. NARS Lip Gloss in "Harlow"- This gloss is one of my favorite NARS lip glosses and I don’t own anything like it. The color is a silvery pinky mauve that’s very frosty and perfect for bronzed summer skin. If you’re not familiar with NARS glosses, the texture is very tacky and semi-sticky. I wouldn’t say they’re overly sticky but sticky enough to bind to the lips and stay on. Also, they smell sort of like crayons –which I know many people hate. To me, the scent’s not to strong and disappears after applying the gloss.
5. Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Lipstick in "PK 343"- I’ve been wearing this lipstick all month long. The shade is a perfect pale bubblegum that really satisfies any cravings for sweet, pink lips. It gives you the perfect splash of color while not being overdone and too dramatic. (I think this, along with the rest of their Pink Collection, just got discontinued because it's no longer on the site!)
6. Physicians Formula Gel CreamLiner in "Blue" from the Blue Eyes Set- I’ve been loving the blue shade from my “Blue Eyes” set. I wear it with very natural eye makeup and it adds a great pop of color to my look.
The Twilight Sage: Eclipse
So I went with my boyfriend yesterday to watch the new Twilight (YES.. on opening day! LOL..) and it was actually sort of disappointing. I'm a Twilight fan and have read the first 3 books so far. To me, the 3rd book was the best so I was really looking forward to the movie but like the previous 2 movies, the film didn't live up to the book. My boyfriend kept saying it was "too mushy" and I actually agree with him! I'm all for mushiness but this was just ridiculous, way too corny mushiness. I don't want to spoil the movie but I'd give it about a C- grade. This isn't something that I could watch again anytime soon. If you're a Twilight fan, watch it because like me, you'll probably be curious about it. If you're not, skip it because you'll only come out thinking you wasted 20-something bucks.
My New Hello Kitty Ring!
Yesterday, we also went shopping and I picked up a few things in Sanrio for the upcoming giveaway. While I was in there, my boyfriend bought me this uber cute ring I was eyeing. I'm a fanatic for Hello Kitty or other Sanrio related jewelry and sort of collect their little rings and bobbles. This was my fave of the 5 or so designs because I loved the tiara that the newly blonde Hello Kitty is rocking. Oh and.. my boyfriend thinks I like the ring only because it's the "shape" of Bella's engagement ring. It looks nothing like it! (For all you Twilight fans, click that link to buy "Bella's ring." They have a cheaper "fashion version", "fine version", and then the "genuine version" which is the real deal.) Such craziness, I wouldn't want anyone to drop $2,000 on me just so I can have Bella's ring since I really don't think it's that gorgeous.
*Twilight pic is from Wikipedia.